Saturday, February 24, 2007

CHRISTOPHER JONES, Penciller for BATMAN STRIKES, Part 3





BAT-BLOG ~ How did you learn to draw so well? Did you go to art school?

CHRIS ~ I've had very little formal training. I took art classes in high school, but they really didn't have anything other than general art classes that were a little basic for the level I was on at the time. I did a lot of "independent study" work with my art teacher, which meant I'd just do art projects on my own with minimal supervision from him, and then get grades based on the time and effort I'd put in. I went to the School of the Art Institute of Chicago for about a semester, but couldn't afford to stay beyond that. It's a very expensive school and I'd gotten a really crappy financial aid deal. Most of what I know about drawing I picked up on my own, through books, talking to other artists, reading interviews and articles, and just working at it on my own.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

Blogger trishautographs.com said...

BATMAN BY BOB KANE: Bob Kane original hand drawn sketch signed, 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock. The sketch is approximately 8″ tall from top of the ears to the signature and 6 1/2″ wide.
Obtained directly from Kane! NOT LISTED ON STORE FRONT, CALL TRISH OR EMAIL TRISH TO PURCHASE DIRECTLY, $500.00

www.trishautographs.com/blog

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



BATMAN™ and all related characters, logos and elements are TM and © DC Comics, also TM and © Warner Brothers Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
This site is not authorized by Warner Bros or DC Comics. This is a fan site dedicated to joy of collecting Batman and no copyright infringement is intended.
Website Design of the BAT-BLOG is ©2007 & 2011 Tommy Brookshire.
Site Meter
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape